The Town Council has purchased a new slide for the Hilltop Playground. We hope the children will enjoy spending time playing on it.
New changes to the waterline
Dear residents, with the new improvements to our water supply lines there is an increased amount of pressure to households. The Town is recommending all residents have a pressure release valve installed on their homes. Please contact the office or maintenance operator if you have any further questions.
A BUSY SUMMER IN BAY DE VERDE
There are alot of activities going on in Bay de Verde this summer:
1. There is lots of construction on the go. There will be resurfacing and paving of local roads (by the Town) and Route 70 from Quinlan's Office to the tank (by the Dept. of Transportation). Work continues on the waterline on the hill and on Cherry Hill Road by RJG. Please take caution in these areas as traffic will soon be affected.
2. The Heritage Committee and Recreation Committee have students hired for summer employment and the Heritage Committee is creating a hiking trail to Lazy Rock.
3. The Heritage House is now open daily from 10am - 5pm. Drop by for a visit, have some coffee or tea and indulge in our culture.
4. We just completed our first annual Mayor's March for the Heart & Stroke Foundation and raised approximately $850.00 with only three people collecting pledges! Thanks to all you contributed to this great cause and we hope to have another successful march next year.
5. Finally, Bay de Verde Heritage Days is August 1-3. We look forward to having many visitors to our area and a great festive summer.
The Town Council and Staff wish everyone a great summer!
In lieu of Emergency Prepardness Week(May 4-10, 2014), the Town would like to remind residents to always be prepared!
All residents should have a Disaster Supplies Kit (see list below) that has a three day supply of water, food, and clothing for each person including supplies for family pets. Replace food and water annually.
-Two litres of drinking water per person/per day -Non-perishable canned and dried foods -Can opener and disposable plates and utensils -Prescription glass/contact lenses and supplies -Prescription medications -Personal hygiene items -First aid supplies -Battery-operated radio -Flashlight and batteries -Cash -Car and house keys -Change of clohting and footwear per person -Copies of essential family documents.
For any other information to help you and your family get prepared visit. www.GetPrepared.ca and know the risks, make a plan and get a kit!
Click any link below for more community related information:
The Bay de Verde Heritage House was built in 1896 by Mr. John Blundon and family of Bay de Verde. The structure of the house is a good example of Merchant Class Victorian housing. The house was donated by Mrs. Dorothy Blundon and family to the Town of Bay de Verde on September 16, 1996 (exactly 100 years after it was constructed). It is now preserved and used as a Heritage House.
Explore our history • Walk the boardwalks & hiking trail to Lazy Rock • Have a chat with our interpreters • We offer free WI-FI